A Hospital as Innovative as Our Health Care
UT Southwestern's new William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital will combine function and aesthetics to place the medical center at the forefront of design, as it is in science. Best practices gathered from the nation's top clinical facilities are incorporated in the design of the 460-bed hospital, which will fully integrate UT Southwestern's research, clinical, and educational missions—elements that make an academic medical center unique among health care providers.
- The hospital will house and support clinical researchers who will work to translate scientific discoveries into treatments for patients.
- Special areas dedicated to clinical trials will ensure quick access to promising new drugs and therapies.
- A team-based approach to patient care will be reflected in every element of the hospital's design, promoting collaboration among various specialists who are caring for each patient.
Meticulously Designed, Patient-Inspired
It's not just about offering patients state-of-the-art medical care. Hospital visits of any duration can be a difficult time, which is why the new William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital is designed around the needs of patients and their families. From the moment a patient arrives, our goal is to make a potentially stressful situation as simple and comfortable as possible.
- Pre-hospital check-in and valet parking will reduce admission wait times.
- All-private patient rooms will feature accommodations for family to stay overnight and provide an array of amenities designed to reflect the comforts of home.
- Beautifully appointed public spaces, including dining and waiting areas, will provide a comfortable respite for patients' families and friends.
Advanced Technology for Care and Comfort
Advanced technology and equipment will ensure a comprehensive and collaborative approach to each patient's care.
- In-room monitors will allow patients and their caregivers to review charts and images such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs.
- In-room video-conferencing will enable patients to communicate virtually with members of their care team or family and friends.
- An electronic health records system will help ensure patient safety by providing a seamless transfer of information between all members of a patient's care team.
- Robotics in the operating rooms will allow for highly precise and minimally invasive procedures.