Dr. Felde is originally from Plano, Texas. During her undergraduate work at UT Austin she took one year to submerge herself in Spanish language studies at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico. Next, she completed her medical training at the UT San Antonio Health Science Center, while concurrently earning a Master of Public Health degree. One year of her MD-MPH training took place in the Rio Grande Valley, where she discovered the unique challenges faced by patients on the US-Mexico border. After graudation, she returned to Dallas to care for the North Texas population.
Having completed her Internal Medicine residency at UT Southwestern, Dr. Felde is dedicated to medical education of our students and residents. Her academic interests also include minority health and health disparities, clinical practice guideline development, and improving quality of inpatient care. When she is not in the hospital, she loves to exercise, cook, travel with her husband and hang out with her Miniature Schnauzer, named Frido Kahlo.
- Other Post Graduate Training
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2015)
- Graduate School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2015), Public Health
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- Error Reporting Among Residents
- Herpes Simplex Virus Associated Acute Liver Failure
- Inpatient Management of Alcohol Withdrawal
- Intersection of Systemic Health with Periodontal Disease
- Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of l-ornithine phenylacetate in patients with acute liver injury/failure and hyperammonemia.
- Stravitz RT, Gottfried M, Durkalski V, Fontana RJ, Hanje AJ, Koch D, Hameed B, Ganger D, Subramanian RM, Bukofzer S, Ravis WR, Clasen K, Sherker A, Little L, Lee WM Hepatology 2018 Mar 67 3 1003-1013
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Honorary Medical Society (2015)
- Kleberg Research Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
Academic Honor Society (2011)
- Center for Reproductive Rights (2016)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2013)