Dr. Tian grew up in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas. She received her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center, completed residency at Emory University, and returned back to Dallas to finish GI fellowship training at UT southwestern.
Dr. Tian is committed to general gastroenterology and housestaff education. In addition, she has an interest in quality improvement and patient health education. In 2016, she implemented an electronic consultation platform for the Department of Digestive and Liver Diseases within the electronic medical records system of Parkland Health Systems to improve primary provider access to specialist input.
Her interests outside of medicine include spending time with family, traveling the world, biking trails, and tasting ethnic cuisines.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2009)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Gastroenterology
- Colorectal Cancer and Screening
- Patient Education
- Quality Improvement
- Periprocedural management of aspirin during colonoscopy: a survey of practice patterns in the United States.
- Robbins R, Tian C, Singal A, Agrawal D Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Nov 82 5 895-900
- Clinical reminders for hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance: an early step in a long journey.
- Tian C, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Jan 13 1 180-2
- Contrasting Perspectives of Anesthesiologists and Gastroenterologists on the Optimal Time Interval between Bowel Preparation and Endoscopic Sedation.
- Agrawal D, Marull J, Tian C, Rockey DC Gastroenterol Res Pract 2015 2015 497176
- Readability, suitability, and health content assessment of web-based patient education materials on colorectal cancer screening.
- Tian C, Champlin S, Mackert M, Lazard A, Agrawal D Gastrointest. Endosc. 2014 Aug 80 2 284-90
- Diagnostic paracentesis is associated with improved survival among hospitalized patients with cirrhosis.
- Tian C, Singal AG Gastroenterology 2014 Mar 146 3 858-9
- Cannulation time is a more accurate measure of cannulation difficulty in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography than the number of attempts.
- Tian C, Gamboa A, Chaudhury B, Willingham FF, Keilin S, Cai Q Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf) 2013 Nov 1 3 193-7
- Identification of small-molecule inhibitors of the colorectal cancer oncogene Kruppel-like factor 5 expression by ultrahigh-throughput screening.
- Bialkowska AB, Crisp M, Bannister T, He Y, Chowdhury S, Schürer S, Chase P, Spicer T, Madoux F, Tian C, Hodder P, Zaharevitz D, Yang VW Mol. Cancer Ther. 2011 Nov 10 11 2043-51
Honors & Awards
- Salix Travel Award
Digestive Diseases Week Conference (2014)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honorary Academic Society (2005)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2014)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2012)