Dr. Thropp holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He earned his medical degree at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa and completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at UT Southwestern, where he also received advanced training in musculoskeletal radiology through a fellowship program.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016, Dr. Thropp spent nearly 16 years in private practice.
Dr. Thropp is actively involved in medical education as an interviewer of medical student applicants. He also serves on the Radiology Template Committee.
He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America and the Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1999), Diagnostic Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America