- Medical School
- Weill Cornell Medical College (1994)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1995), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center (2000), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Torres F, Rubin LJ Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2013 Jan 11 1 13-25
- HLA mismatches influence lung transplant recipient survival, bronchiolitis obliterans and rejection: implications for donor lung allocation.
- Peltz M, Edwards LB, Jessen ME, Torres F, Meyer DM J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2011 Apr 30 4 426-34
- Systematic review of randomised, double-blind clinical trials of oral agents conducted in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Torres F Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2007 Oct 61 10 1756-65
- Endothelian Receptor Antagonists in Pulmonary Hyertension. Business Briefing
- F. Torres US Respiratory Care 2006 77-82
- Routine computed tomography screening of the chest in high-risk cardiac transplant recipients may improve survival.
- Rosenbaum DH, Bhojani RA, Dikmen E, Kaiser PA, Paul MC, Wait MA, Meyer DM, Jessen ME, Yancy CW, Rosenblatt RL, Torres F, Perkins S, Ring WS, DiMaio JM J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2005 Dec 24 12 2043-7
- Monthly infusion of cytomegalovirus immune globulin (CMVIG) decreases the incidence of bacterial and fungal infections in the first year following lung transplantation.
- Zamora MR, Torres F, Marquesan J, Diercks M, Hodges T J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2001 Feb 20 2 200
- Community acquired respiratory viruses in lung transplant patients: incidence and outcomes.
- Hodges TN, Torres FP, Marqueson J, Diercks M, Zamora MR J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2001 Feb 20 2 169-170
- Both cell surface and internalized beta-adrenoceptors are reduced in the failing myocardium.
- Sullebarger JT, Fan TH, Torres F, Liang CS Eur. J. Pharmacol. 1991 Nov 205 2 165-9
- Efficacy and safety of ralinepag, a novel oral IP agonist, in PAH patients on mono or dual background therapy Results from a Phase 2 randomized, parallel group, placebo-controlled trial.
- Torres F, Farber H, Ristic A, McLaughlin V, Adams J, Zhang J, Klassen P, Shanahan W, Grundy J, Hoffmann I, Cabell C, Escribano Subías P, Sood N, Keogh A, D'Souza G, Rubin L, Eur. Respir. J. 2019 Aug
- Incidence and variables associated with 30-day mortality after lung transplantation.
- Banga A, Mohanka M, Mullins J, Bollineni S, Kaza V, Huffman L, Peltz M, Bajona P, Wait M, Torres F Clin Transplant 2019 Feb 33 2 e13468
Honors & Awards
- Cornell University - 1990
Graduated with distinction in all subjects (1990)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- C.H. Ferguson Scholarship
- Incentive for Excellence
Scholarship Prize from NSF: Physics-1988, Chemistry-1989 (1988)
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Thoracic Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association
- Texas Medical Association